Thursday, August 9, 2012

30 is coming...

My 30th birthday is vastly approaching.  Two months almost to the day and I'll have left my 20's!  I'm not sure why but this scares the pants off me!  I'm not going to lie it is terrifying, I wonder can I still call my mom crying when something goes wrong?  I'm I too old now for certain things? 

Life isn't what I dreamt of all those years ago.  My husband doesn't look like a half naked cowboy with muscles for days like imagined, although he did buy his first cowboy hat the other day!  I don't live out in the country with my seven kids either.  Before the thought crosses your mind, no I didn't have a litter.  God did bless me with two wonderful boys that are just as wild as seven little ones!

I've decided for me it is time to be a little selfish.  I have to put forth the effort on some things that I have hidden in the depths of my soul that need to be laid to rest once and for all. 

I can't go into my 30's with the bondage of my past haunting me at every turn.  I have to live with it everyday and I have to learn that my past doesn't define me. 

My husband put it best, God forgives me now I just have to forgive myself!

I've set some pretty clear goals for myself for the next couple of months!
~ Finish a much needed bible study
~ Finish the Insanity workout
~ Finish organizing some things around the house
~ Get more time in with my kiddos
~ Be a size 6 by my 30th birthday
~ Learn not to dwell on the past, I have to move on as hard as it may be!

The most important thing is, I want to turn 30 knowing I accomplished my biggest goal of all!  I want to be proud of who I am and what HE has made me!  I will turn 30 and feel the love of Christ before all others, and that has to be the most profound thing in my life to date.

No comments: