Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Day in the Life of Me

Before I decided to blog about my home life I was following a few different ones.  One was Mrs. Candy at joyfulchristianhomemaking, and she challenged others to record what a day looked like in their home.  Yesterday was my manic Monday.  I call it this because of all the laundry I know I'll have from changing all the bedding.  However this day was a little different.  First off, my son didn't have school and I decided to be a little more modest in my day.  I'm a jeans a T-shirt girl from my heart to my toes, but yesterday I adorned myself with a skirt and a knit top.  It was a learning experience, and maybe I'll try it again more often.  As long as I don't look "old" as my husband put it.  So here it goes a day in the life of me:
7:00 a.m. ~ The first critter, Logan, crawled out of his bed and into mine.  I love these kind of mornings.
7:30 ~ Critter two, Cason, joined in on the cartoons in Mommy's bed.(Side note DH left for work at 4)
8:00 ~ We all get up, I change the boys and they go play while I get dressed.

8:15 ~ Start breakfast, on the menu today is campfire donuts!
8:45 ~ We all eat Breakfast

9:00 ~ I jot down a few notes and the boys scurry off to play then I feed Marley, the puppy beast they call a golden retriever, then I start on breakfast dishes
9:30 ~ The boys ask to watch a movie that is coming on TV so I allow them so I can get started on cleaning the house.  On to laundry I go!
10:00 ~ By now I have one load in the washer, the dishwasher is going, I've changed Cason, vaccuumed, dusted, and tidied his room. 

10:15 ~ I start hanging up shirts from the dryer then move on to getting the rest of the kitchen clean.  My counter tops are a hub for junk!

11:00~ My kitchen is now clean and I pull out colors for the boys to color while I make lunch.  On the menu is tuna salad, cucumbers, and apple wedges.

11:30 ~ By now the boys have eaten and it is time for quiet time!  Cason takes his nap and Logan goes to his room to play and watch a movie (he is autistic and needs the time alone to unwind from his mornings) Then I start on my lunch and take a little break. 
12:15 ~ I change out another load of laundry, fold some clothes, and put clean sheets on my bed.  I also take the quiet time to fix my hair and put on some makeup for when my hubby gets home later.

1:00 ~ Change out yet another load of laundry (I usually don't have this much to do, I promise).
1:15 ~ Cason is up and changed, he had a diaper leak so now I have to change his sheets AGAIN! YAY more laundry, then I fold blankets and sheets.
1:30 ~ Take time to sit and jot a few notes
1:35 ~ Time to put away all the laundry and fix a snack for the boys, apples and granola bars.
2:00 ~ REST!!!
2:45 ~ I start cleaning Logan's room, vaccuum, dust, and tidy.  It needed lots of tidy today!

3:20 ~ Unload dishwasher, by now my DH has called and said he didn't want spaghetti for dinner (our usual Monday night cuisine) and opted for sushi instead, that ofcourse was fine with me!
3:25 ~ Laundry, the story of my life today!
3:40 ~ Play with the boys and wait for DH to get home early at 4!
4:15 ~ Daddy is home and the boys take advantage of it! Sorry my camera died about this point.
4:45 ~ Leave to go pick up dinner
5:30 ~ We all eat dinner then get the boys ready for bed.
6:00 ~ The boys go to bed, yes I know this is early but our autistic son can't handle much more after this time so they go to bed.  My husband decided to go to bed too.  I stayed up and watched TV, I was exhausted and elected not to do anything since everyone was asleep.
10:00 ~ Time for bed.  Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found your blog through Candy's. What a great job you are doing for someone so young! I have 6 children and wish I was half as organized. Candy's blog has really helped. Prayers for you and family. Also, have you seen Lady Lydia's homemaking blog?
http://www.homeliving.blogspot.com/
It is filled with wonderful homemaking inspiration, encouragement and advice.

~JoAnn~ said...

I too found your blog through Candy's and so far am loving it. dont' have the time tonight to look at everything but maybe tomorrow. Loved your day in your life, I was tired just reading all you do:)
Blessings,Joann