Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Modesty

Please excuse my son's messy room!

Over the last two years I have done more than my fair share of scouring the Internet in researching modesty.  I have been trying to find out how I needed to change my wardrobe to be more modest and womanly.  If you are wondering if I am skirts only, the answer is no.  However I can't promise you that I will always be that way.  When I wear skirts now, I feel more complete and comfortable in who I am.  I don't feel like I am as critical with my appearance the way I am when I'm wearing tight jeans and a low cut shirt.  I have made a promise to myself to try and wear more dresses (budget permitting) and slowly make the change to be more covered.  I have prayed about this and asked God to lead me in the way that I should go, and I believe that for me to wear more modest clothing is what I should do.  I had to also look at my home life and decide how this would benefit there as well.  It slapped me in the face like a ton of bricks!!  I have two little boys and they look up to their momma, they admire their momma, and I didn't want to set the wrong example of how a woman should look and or be treated because of the way she looks.  It is my job to help guide them so one day they will find a suitable helpmate for their homes, and I couldn't live with myself if they only believed a woman's body was the most important thing.  So from now on I am hoping to set the bar in my house.  In doing so I also decided to share with others how I dress, to give others examples of how my style is evolving.  Every Tuesday I will be posting what I am wearing for that day, I hope you enjoy!

No comments: