Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Weeks to Come

Over the next few weeks many changes are coming for me personally, and for my home.  I am having a hysterectomy next Wednesday, don't worry I'm excited about this.  Do I want more kids, yes, but I also want a life that is manageable and right now with the way things are it isn't manageable.  So I am going to rid myself of something that has been a problem for me since I was nine years old!  Other things are changing too!  I've given myself a deadline, and hopefully I can stick to it.  My house is a mess, no matter how hard I try sometimes I just can't find the time to get it all done in a day.  Pile on a few days of not getting it all done and you can imagine how bad things get.  My deadline is April 3rd, it is the day my mom comes to stay with me for my surgery.  She is truly my role model, she worked full time, took care of us kids, and then our house was always clean on top of that.  I stay at home all day and it looks like squatters live here.  I'm sure it isn't that bad, but to me it feels that way, and I know it feels that way to my husband.  Not only have I gotten lazy with my house I'm lazy with myself too.  I read somewheres that once you give up on yourself your husband starts to give up on you too.  This just can't happen, I won't let it!  Lately I have been doing the Insanity workouts and I thought I was improving, but I just looked at my Facebook page and my aunt posted a picture of me.  I don't mind it but good grief I looked TERRIBLE!!  So I think once I get a little more in tune with myself my house and my family will all reflect that.  Happy wife happy life, right?

No comments: