Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

With my little boys being sick I have had to remind myself that patience is a virtue.  My two year old spent the day yesterday, most of the night, and morning screaming!  I'm not sure why I've done everything I can to comfort him but for some reason he just wants to scream.  I've been trying very hard to not lose control and show my quick temper, and I think I'm doing a good job.  As you can imagine my Monday chores did not get done.  So today I have to tackle the bedrooms and the bathrooms!  I also have to get the grocery list made out for tomorrow, which means I have to get the menu for the next two weeks done today too (I will share this later).  Procrastination has been my theme this week. 

On the table tonight: Roast, Potatoes, Carrots, Bell Pepper, and Rice all done in the slow cooker! 

Today I just wanted to share some scriptures that help me remember that patience is just as important steadfastness.

A man's wisdom gives him patience;
  It is to his glory to overlook an
    offense.
            Proverbs 19:11

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy,
peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Galatians 5:22

Therefore, as God's chosen people,
holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves
with compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12


No comments: