Saturday, May 26, 2012

Weekly Planning ~ An Overview

I've said it before and I'll say it again!  With my analytical brain I have to plan out everything!  So much so that it drives my husband insane, the one thing he hates to hear out of my mouth is "Okay, what's your game plan?"  Sure I could fly by the seat of my pants, be spontaneous, and go with the flow as they say.  However, when I try to do this I usually end up in a heap of a mess pulling my hair out!  I've been this way my whole life, I inherited it from my parents.  So when I decided to be a stay at home mom, things were no different.  I treat this household like it is my full time job, I get a lunch break and a few snack times throughout the day.  I schedule out my chores for the day, the meals we will eat, and the activities we will do.  Do I get it all done in a day, no life always throws in its little surprises that take me away from the things I want and or should be doing.  I am no one to give advice, the only thing I can do is lead by example.  Some people are planners, some people aren't.  Yet, if you aren't a planner and you aren't getting anything done, maybe you should try planning.  Or if you are a planner and your wound so tight you have no time for fun, maybe it is time to let your hair down so to speak.  I ask that everyone take a little time for reflection and see if your life could use a little more planning.

My plan for the week:
Hubby is on overtime nights all week ~ need to have extra nomex.
Both boys have a Dr. appt. Tuesday afternoon ~ have dinner fixed for hubby early
Last day of school is Thursday ~ Oldest son has school in the morning bus arrives at 7:30!!

Not much should take me away from my normal routines.  I'm hoping that we are able to start the summer off with a little fun in the sun before the boys get tubes in their ears!  Maybe we can plan a trip to the beach in the weeks to come!  Remember always plan for fun!

No comments: